Diaper Genie (Free!) Bag Option | Mimi, Mommy and Me: Diaper Genie (Free!) Bag Option

April 24, 2014

Diaper Genie (Free!) Bag Option



I have a Diaper Genie and I love the way it locks in the stinkies. Although I don't love the price of the refill bag cartridges.  If you are like me and love to save money while still enjoying little luxuries, like a stink-free living space, then read on to learn how I came up with a free way to use my Diaper Genie, without having to buy refill bags!


Up until now I have been using my Diaper Genie for only the soiled diapers and using a flip top can lined with a plastic grocery bag for the wet diapers.

But summer is on its way and the heat of summer brings out the stinkies, even in the just wet diapers.

So I came up with a plan. I decided that if I could get a plastic grocery bag to work in my Diaper Genie, then I could eliminate the smell altogether and not spend an arm and a leg to do it.



And ta-da...it worked!

By wrapping one of the grocery bag handles around the lid...


...and lifting up the front part of the lid to grab the second handle,...


...the Diaper Genie holds the grocery bag in place and leaves plenty of room to hold diapers inside.



No more stink = happy Mommy!




Do you use a Diaper Genie or similar style diaper pail, or have you figured out a different trick to stink free living? Please share your tips! I'd love to hear them. :)


Linked up at: Teach Tuesday @ 3glol.

2 comments:

  1. NO more babies here...but awesome tip!!! I'll be sure to pass it on to my next kiddo that has a baby :)

    Thanks for linking up at Teach Me Tuesday!! Another party will start tonight @ 8pm. Hope to see ya there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works really well and saves money! Thanks for stopping by. I'll see you at the link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! Comments make me happy! :)